Student Living is an established company and we’ve been operating in Nottingham since 1995 we specialize in the student market.
We aim to provide a quality management service that is cost – effective, personalised and professional to you the landlord.
As we are specialists, we know how to manage your property for optimum performance, whilst ensuring smooth running tenancies, and compliance with the various Landlord/Tenant laws.
Property is a great investment to make and providing it’s well managed it can provide a very good return; and we are here to make sure that it does!
If you currently own or intend to purchase a Student Property for rental in and around Nottingham, you should consider engaging our Property Management service to give you a piece of mind.
Before we let out your property we conduct a free market survey to make sure that you’re getting the optimum rent for your property. This means that we can avoid pricing it too high and scaring off any potential students but also that you’re not getting less for your property than you could.
We maintain a flexible attitude, and are generally able to adapt our service to meet our client's individual circumstances and needs! Please ask us for more information.
We have a bespoke website with online payments, applications and maintenance requests which makes it easier for students to pay their rents, deal with maintenance or other issues.
Each property has a designated Property Manager so students know who their exact contact person is.
Student Living has their own in-house maintenance crew - allowing for speedy resolution of day to day issues and we provide students with 24/7 call out phone number for urgent issues.
Our services include:
1. Visiting you at your property, providing a rental valuation and advice on the best possible rent for your property to maximise your rental income. Guidance on HMO Licensing, Unipol accreditation or any work, if needed, to prepare your property to achieve a higher rent. Information on relevant legal requirements and responsibilities regarding a let property, including gas and electrical safety, furnishings, appliances, maintenance and refurbishment. Introduction to specialist insurance products to safeguard your property, its contents, your rental income and your legal rights. In short, all the protection you need to guarantee a hassle-free investment experience.
2. We will take photographs and produce marketing particulars which will be used in various media such as leading property portals like Rightmove, Accommodation for Students, Stu Rents, our own Website and many more, the property will also be displayed in our office window cards, Social media etc. We print a student booklet which will be distributed on campus, at various housing fairs and all student properties in our local area.
3. Conduct accompanied viewings to the property.
4. Obtaining and evaluating necessary documents from students and guarantor.
5. Preparing a suitable tenancy agreement and arranging signature by the students and their guarantors. Please be aware the tenancy runs from 1st September for 48 weeks until the 31st July.
6. Collecting and holding a deposit (bond) from the students and register this with a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme.
7. Preparing a written and photographic inventory and schedule of condition.
8. Receiving advance rental payments termly in September, November, February and May together with a detailed statement from our computerised management system.
9. If required paying regular outgoings for you from rental payments.
10. Inspecting the property periodically, and reporting any problems to you.
11. Respond to any queries or concerns from the students to ensure that the tenancy proceeds smoothly and that the property is properly maintained.
12. Arranging any necessary repairs or maintenance, first liaising with you in the case of larger works.
13. Renew the fixed term of the tenancy, if required, or secure new tenants for a new term of tenancy ensuring a further guaranteed period of tenancy.
14. Prepare a final statement of condition or a move out inspection and inform the landlord of any works required so the property is ready for re-occupation.
We would also like to mention that Student Living is backed by the award winning parent company Belvoir, the largest lettings specialist in the UK. Through its network of over 160 franchised offices, Belvoir manages a national property portfolio worth more than £1.5 billion and enjoys a reputation for integrity that is second to none.
Student Living is bringing that same reputation for quality and efficiency to the expanding student market ensuring that landlords achieve a sound, swift and worry-free return on their investment.
Maximise the return on your investment contact us for a free Valuation.
SCALE OF CHARGES
Tenant Find Service:
£120 inc VAT per tenant payable for each letting to a tenant introduced by The Agent - Payable at the commencement of a tenancy (and deducted from the rent collected prior to the commencement of that tenancy).
£180 inc VAT per tenant payable for each letting to a tenant introduced by The Agent - Payable at the commencement of a tenancy (and deducted from the rent collected prior to the commencement of that tenancy).
£145.00 Set up Fee incl VAT of rent, deducted from rent as received.
Inventory preparation fee:
From £65 for one bedroom apartments (excluded in the Full Management service charge).
Preparation of paperwork for:
Alternative Dispute Resolution:
£50 (£60 inc VAT) per hour recorded.
£50 (£60 inc VAT) per request received.
Insurance claim handling fee:
10% (12% inc VAT) of cost of works.
Professional hourly rate:
£25 per hour recorded.
£135 payable where The Agent, with The Landlord’s agreement, arranges a new tenancy.
Post Letting Service (Inclusive within our Full Management service)
Tenant move out:
From £60 for one bedroom apartments
All prices are subject to change after two months’ written notice.
This agreement may be terminated by written notice. The minimum fee applies of £420 inc VAT if on termination the total fees due are less than the minimum fee. A placement fee equivalent to one month’s rent will be payable where the Landlord intends to continue letting to tenants introduced by the Agent after the termination of this agreement. Where cancellation of this agreement is unavoidable due to circumstances beyond the control of either party, the minimum fee will not apply and any prepayments will be returned to the person entitles to them, less any expenses reasonably incurred to the date of cancellation.
Note: Fees vary depending on number of properties and location. If Landlord sells a property during a tenancy or where a tenancy is secure on the property the charge is 1 month’s rent + 20 % VAT (per tenancy)