Nottingham 0115 955 3181
ACCOMMODATION AND RENT/FEES
- In general the rent will not include gas, electric and water rates (unless stated on the tenancy agreement).
- Deposit and Rent is payable in four installments by post-dated cheques to be with us within two weeks of signing the tenancy agreement.
- An initial booking fee of £80 including VAT (non-refundable) is required from students to secure the property, subject to the relevant application checks.
- An inventory will be issued and agreed at tenancy commencement. Students and their guarantors will be responsible for any charges incurring towards repairing damage, cleaning required at tenancy end or redecoration, removal of debris to the landlords property and the associated administration charges. The property will be assessed at tenancy end using the agreed inventory.
RESERVATION FEE AND APPLICATION FEE
- A one month’s rent for the Reservation Fee (this will revert to the first month’s rent on occupancy of the property) and a £80.00 (including VAT) administration fee at the time of application. On receipt of an accurately completed Application Form and these fees the owner agrees to withdraw the specified property/room from the rental market subject to:
- Completed and returned guarantor form.
- Cleared funds.
- The owner agrees that, subject to your satisfying the normal selection procedures employed by Student Living (Nottingham) Limited, he will grant you an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
- Student Living (Nottingham) Limited reserves the right to withdraw any application that does not satisfy the normal selection process employed by Student Living (Nottingham) Limited and the Reservation Fee of the first month’s rent will be refunded to you without delay. A charge of £80.00 (inclusive of vat) will be taken to cover our administration costs. (THIS FEE IS NON REFUNDABLE)
- For any tenants that drop out of the tenancy it is their responsibility to find a suitable tenant which is accepted by all occupants of the property and the Landlord. Any additional viewings are at a cost of £60.00 including VAT per viewing, per tenant that drop out. We also reserve the right to keep any monies paid by the drop out tenant until the new suitable tenant application process has been completed and has signed the tenancy agreement however the booking fee is non-refundable to cover the administration cost.
- The owner agrees that provided the terms for such agreement is agreed between the parties and contracts completed by the commencement of tenancy he will allow you to take occupation without hindrance, subject only to the payment of the agreed first month rent, post-dated cheques & any paperwork has been completed by ALL OCCUPANTS, before occupation takes place.
- You warrant that should you fail to take up the agreement and occupation of the specified property/room other than finding a new suitable tenant as described in point b1., you will forfeit any monies paid and are liable to pay the full academic years rent.